Sunday 20 November 2011

Braces are on

The braces went on on Thursday, and it was not at all what I was expecting.  My mouth is very, very tiny, so small that the smallest mouth opener barely fit!  It was pretty uncomfortable the whole time.  And the look of it after was surprising too, I look about the age of a 16 year old!  The whole thing went pretty smoothly though and only took about 45 minutes.  Either way I'm stuck with them now for approximately 2 years..... Oh boy, hahaha.

The first 4 days have been a little bit harder then I was expecting too, it's hurt more then I thought it would. I haven't been able to eat much, only food that I can cut down into small pieces and swallow without chewing, I've had pasta, 2 subs and tonight tried some pizza.  It hasn't been too hard eating that stuff, except for the no chewing, but I think (I hope!) it's getting better.  They say it hurts for about the first week and then gets better, so I'm over half way there to being able to eat properly again.  But this is only the lead up to the bigger thing anyway, this is the easy part!

I don't go back to Dr.V's office for another 6 weeks, can't wait, hahaha.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amy!
    Don't worry-the braces get much less painful, or maybe you just get used to the pain haha. Well, it gets easier!
    I look forward to following your blog through your process.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You too:) It's definitely gotten better over the last few days, to the point that I want to go back now and get them re-tightened, just to keep things moving.... I'm impatient, lol.
    It's so nice to be able to write about this whole process and have other people who are going through the same thing. I look forward to following you too! As everyone always seems to tell me, it'll be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete